fifty shades trilogy

2:29 pm

✚ ✚ ✚ ✚ ✚

FIFTY SHADES OF GREY: When college student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating. The unworldly Ana realizes she wants his man, and Grey admits he wants her, too - but on his own terms. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately physical affair, Ana discovers Christian's secrets and explores her own desires. 

FIFTY SHADES DARKER: Daunted by Christian's dark secrets and singular tastes, Ana had broken off their relationship to start a new career. But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and while Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Ana is forced to make the most important decision of her life. 

FITY SHADES FREED: Now, Ana and Christian have it all - love, passion, intimacy, wealth, and a world of possibilities for their future. But Ana knows that loving her fifty shades will not be easy, and that being together will pose challenges that neither of them would anticipate. Just when it seems their strength together will eclipse any obstacle, misfortune, malice, and fate conspire to turn Ana's deepest fears into a reality.


It's no secret that I adore this trilogy, reading it more times than I'm willing to admit. The first book, wow! Within pages of Christian and Ana meeting, I was hooked!

Grey's dark and mysterious demeanour was thrilling to keep reading and slowly, watch as he began to gives parts of himself up to Ana that he's kept hidden for so long..

There were parts where I felt physically ill reading. He had a temper, and is extremely controlling. I thought she did forgive him way too easily. I mean bathing an ex-sub.. (grr) ... and Elena, she drove me crazy also. Putting that aside, it was a sweet love story about a man letting someone in. 

It was beautiful. 

The second book is probably my most favourite. Christian's submission to her when he began panicking, thinking Ana was going to leave him (again) and falling to his knees. Wow, I had tears in my eyes. 

The proposal, extremely romantic. I have no idea how many times I swooned dreamily over him. (so many that my husband is sick of this book and he's never even read it)

The third book, the drama was happening and exciting. Grey's blow up when the pregnancy was announced, oh wow. I cringed and laughed. That reaction from him was pretty much expected. I loved the ending of this story as he realised just how happy he could be with a family. 


{ I absolutely loved reading these books.. the movie, it was a huge disappointment for me. }

You Might Also Like

0 comments

✚ ✚

✚ All content, including text, recipes, and photographs are copyright melissabender // sweetlymel © 2014 - 2016 unless otherwise stated. If you use an image, please link it back. ✚