Sweet Potato Salad

2:09 pm


The best potato salad ever!!! No kidding, it's that good!!!

Another afternoon of overthinking dinner options. Truth is, when it's just me at home, I can't be bothered cooking much. I hate to cook dinner for just one person as the kids usually have something else. I felt like healthy food, but tasty. The kids needed feeding, and I was really struggling with what to feed them.

I really needed to use up the food overflowing in my pantry from Christmas.


The kids were finally organised with their meal, and I still really wanted potato salad. Without the eggs, mayo or potato. { so far this 2016, I haven't touched bread, eggs, or meat! }

I spotted a packet of sweet potatoes hiding beneath a woolies bag, and I set off to get my potato salad fix.

INGREDIENTS
5 sweet potatoes, roughly cubed
3/4 cup mixed dried fruit { I used Sunbeam Gourmet selection Mixed Fruit }
1 avocado, diced
1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
Coconut oil and salt & pepper

DRESSING
2 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp coconut sugar
1 tbsp. burgandy mustard
dash salt & pepper
3/4 coconut milk

METHOD
✚  Preheat oven to 170 degrees, and place sweet potatoes on a large baking tray. Drizzle with coconut oil, and sprinkle salt & pepper. Toss with fingers, and add more if necessary. Cook until tender, and take out of oven to cool.
✚  As sweet potatoes are cooling, prepare salad dressing. Mix all together in blender.
✚  Pour dressing over the dried fruit, onion and avocado. Stir in gently, and then add in sweet potatoes. Stir again with a spoon until everything is covered with dressing.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

✚ ✚

✚ All content, including text, recipes, and photographs are copyright melissabender // sweetlymel © 2014 - 2016 unless otherwise stated. If you use an image, please link it back. ✚