Blueberry & Coconut Jelly

12:42 pm


Jelly.. I make it weekly for the boys school lunch.

On weekends, I get sick of them trying to sneak junk food every time I turn my back, apparently they're Ninja's and invisible. Oh to be a child again. I offer them jelly, and they don't want any because that's only for school. I've been told!

They love blueberries. We always have tons of them in the fridge, and freezer.


I'm also aware, that Jelly makes Bailey super crazy hypo.. and my energy levels couldn't take him bouncing around the house the way he can do, that day.. With a little searching, I found that there was an actual healthy version to make Jelly. Instead of cups, I wanted to make a slice, so we could all enjoy.

I couldn't resist giving them a try!

They were a winner, and the boys were back to being Ninja's, and sneaking the wobbly squares from the fridge, when they thought I weren't looking.. I definitely didn't mind one bit!

INGREDITENTS

1 tsp coconut oil
1 cup full fat coconut milk
3 cups fresh blueberries { divided }
4 tbsp. gelatine

METHOD
✚  Grease an 8 x 8 glass dish with coconut oil.
✚  Puree 2 cups of blueberries in a blender. Set aside.
✚  In a small saucepan, heat the coconut milk over medium. Whisk in gelatine, 1 tsp at a time until dissolved.
✚  Add the blueberry puree into the coconut mixture, whisk to combine. Then add in the remaining cup of berries, and stir.
✚  Pour mixture into glass dish, and keep in the fridge for at least 3 hours until set.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

✚ ✚

✚ All content, including text, recipes, and photographs are copyright melissabender // sweetlymel © 2014 - 2016 unless otherwise stated. If you use an image, please link it back. ✚