Best Nacho's Ever!

9:05 pm


Anyone who knows me, knows that I love Nachos. They're so easy to make, and always enjoyable..

I'd have them the same way every time. 1 bag of Dorito's, 1 small tub sour cream, jar of salsa and almost using the entire packet of grated cheese. Then I'd sit and eat the entire thing. I recently just found out, that while I had been immensely enjoying my gigantic bowl of Nachos, my mum who was also sitting in the living room, watching me eat.. was annoyed that I never offered her any.. Ooops!!

When I made these, she was the first person I called to say how amazing they were, and to offer to make them for her when she stays next. We have a deal, and I am now forgiven!

So, why are they the best? They just are. They really are!!


As I'm doing my healthier eating, and have gone meat free, I was in search for a new way to eat them without feeling like a slob afterwards. I was going to give no cheese and sour cream a try! I didn't think it was going to be possible, as if they'd taste any good.. no cheese? yeah right, how can you have Nacho's without cheese!! 

Then I came across this recipe, and I knew I wasn't going to share these ones either.

minimalistbaker has definitely created something amazing!!

INGREDIENTS
5 cups of Style Tortilla Chips { I used a 156g bag of SunRice Brown rice chips, in parmesan & sundried tomato, and a 156g packet of sea salt }
3/4 cup Cashew-less Vegan Queso { also, found on minimalistbaker }
425g of cooked Old El Paso Black Beans                    
1/3 cup Guacamole { 1 ripe avocado + 1/4 tsp sea salt + 1 lime, juiced }
1/2 – 3/4 cup Chunky Salsa
Olives and Red Onion, sliced { optional }
Hot Sauce { optional }
200g Spinach and Garden vegetable dip { free from dairy, found at Woolworths }
1/2 cup of Greek yoghurt
spring onions for garnish

METHOD
✚  Prepare the Vegan Queso first, this will take the most time to do.
✚  Once your Queso is ready and hot. Heat up the black beans in a small saucepan, season with a little sea salt.
✚  Next, add the Guacamole and Dip together, giving a good mash and stir.
✚  In a large bowl, arrange chips and add toppings as desired. I used the Queso first, then black beans, salsa, dip, scatter with red onions and olives, then Greek yoghurt and spring onions.

Vegan Queso recipe from minimalistbaker
Nacho recipe from minimalistbaker

You Might Also Like

0 comments

✚ ✚

✚ All content, including text, recipes, and photographs are copyright melissabender // sweetlymel © 2014 - 2016 unless otherwise stated. If you use an image, please link it back. ✚