raw

7:53 pm

✚ ✚ ✚ ✚

Growing up the way I did, you’d think I’d be more screwed up than what I actually am. Soon as I turned sixteen, I left that bump in the road I called home and took my chances on the street. Best decision I ever made. Now, at the age of twenty six, I’m educated, employed and damn good at my job. My friends have become my family. Like me, they know what it’s like to grow up unloved. But the saying is true. The world makes way for those who know where they are going. That’s me. I know where I’m going and I’ll get there eventually. On my own terms and at my own pace. But then there’s him. I feel his eyes on me. I see him hiding in plain sight. He watches me. He makes me feel. It’s unconventional. But it’s real. I’m sure you’re wondering how a person falls in love with their stalker. So am I. This isn’t a story. This is my life.


I was bad and skipped straight to the ending... yes I know, but I often do this with books I'm not too sure about. With this one, big mistake! I was crying my eyes out in a matter of seconds, and then I proceeded to read from the start.

The writing was a little bit sloppy in places, so many generic terms and nicknames were used, but I soon got past that. The story itself had something which kept me interested enough to keep reading. The idea was a good one. I was instantly curious about the guy in a hoodie who was watching Lexi, especially after reading the prologue and knowing right away who he was, even when she didn't have a clue.

This was a nonstop addictive read. Even though I sort of knew where the story was going, I enjoyed the entire journey and I especially enjoyed the relationship development between Lexi and Twitch as well as the melting of his cold Grinch-like heart. The darkness in him was extremely interesting and that's what I began to love about him.

I think the ending was perfectly selfless and was so fitting for Lexi and Twitch. I couldn't believe what I was reading, and then to end that way was heartbreaking. 

Even if it was devastating and had me sobbing again. I am hoping for a sequel, and by hoping, I mean I'm desperate for more!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

✚ ✚

✚ All content, including text, recipes, and photographs are copyright melissabender // sweetlymel © 2014 - 2016 unless otherwise stated. If you use an image, please link it back. ✚