Sweet Potato Lasagne

11:02 pm


That's how I usually take my photo's. With Miss Toddler hoovering above, saying "yum, yum" over and over again as she licks her plump chops, and goes in for the fistful of food.

She loves her mama's cooking, and eats everything. I've made a point to give her everything to try, and unlike her brothers, she loves everything so far. Even raw food. Loves to munch away on raw veggies when I'm getting dinner ready.


This lasagne, is incredibly flavourful and tasty. I don't normally enjoy mushrooms without them being so finely chopped up that I can't see or taste them. Nobody ate this except me though. So, I can't really give the opinion of others, but to me it was great!!

INGREDITENTS
5 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
2 tsp olive oil
Kale Pesto { here }
Cashew cream cheese { here }
300g spinach leaves
200g sliced mushrooms

METHOD
✚  Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a tray with baking paper. Place sliced potatoes and drizzle with olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper if desired. Cook for around 20 minutes, until tender.
✚  Let potaoes cool, and then lightly spray a casserole dish. Start arranging the slices, slightly overlapping. Next, add dobs of pesto around, and the same with cashew cheese. Sprinkle some spinach leaves, and mushrooms. Begin the second layer, and repeat.
✚  Bake for around 20 - 30 minutes, and serve!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

✚ ✚

✚ All content, including text, recipes, and photographs are copyright melissabender // sweetlymel © 2014 - 2016 unless otherwise stated. If you use an image, please link it back. ✚